SlideRoom’s form builder now offers more ways to collect information. Defining the type of question, and its related answer options, creates a more structured path for applicants, prevents typing errors, and normalizes data for export.
SlideRoom has recently added 7 new question types:
- Date: enforces mm/dd/yyy format.
- CEEB: helps applicants lookup their school code..
- Email: validates a proper email address has been entered.
- Phone Number: normalizes domestic/international phone numbers.
- URL: checks for http://website.com format and makes it a link.
- Number: only accepts numerical entry.
- Scale: horizontal range of radio buttons for applicants to rate.
All of these options can be exposed when clicking the “question type” drop-down. This is presented below the question itself so you can change your mind without having to redo the question. Each one exposes a custom layout for editing that set of answer options.