Autodesk, the leading software company for 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, is furthering their mission to empower designers by offering an innovative new kind of Artist Residency that is fully equipped for making ideas a reality. It’s called the Pier 9 AiR Program, located in San Francisco. The 2-6 month program gives artists, makers, and fabricators a chance to work within a world-class fabrication workshop along with a community of others. This is a unique opportunity for people needing practical resources to move their ideas for physical objects across the spectrum, from conception to reality. The residency includes:
- Access to production quality software, fabrication equipment, and experts
- Collabortive events, workshops, and guest talks
- Stipend for living and materials
- Ownership of all work created
- Build-spaces for different kinds of projects
Applicants can apply at Pier9.slideroom.com. Autodesk is also promoting a public platform called Instructables where makers can document and share their projects. This growing community is more evidence of the maker movement’s continuing momentum.